Monday, September 27, 2010

Phoenix Viewer for SecondLife(R) version 1.5.1.255

 Well I downloaded and installed the newest version of the Phoenix SL viewer. The default skin was a bit  hard on my eyes. Changing the skin to Silver works very well, myself I prefer the Dark skin. As you can see, I decided to do  some testing in a very busy simm this time. I easily achieved an average of
15fps.
 0% packet loss
Time dilation of  0.75 to 0.99msec

11275 Objects
126 Active objects

 4739 Active scripts.
In my standard test simm, 25fps was the norm
                                                                                  





























CPU: Intel Pentium 4 (Unknown model) (3391 MHz)
Memory: 1023 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3 (Build 2600)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce 8400 GS/PCI/SSE2
Windows Graphics Driver Version: 6.14.0012.5896
OpenGL Version: 3.3.0


This viewer is based on  SnowGlobe 1.5, and is a clone of  Emerald, with a few extra features. Along with support for HTTP textures, and the ability to run multiple threads. Inventory loads quickly, objects and textures come into focus faster than any other 1.x version so far. It is also listed in the SL TPV download page. I have spent the past 2 weeks testing this viewer, and cannot find anything I do not like about it.
If  you are (were) an Emerald fan, I would waste no time and download a copy.

JayR Cela :_)


No comments: